About the C3
The Circular City Centre (C3) is a competence and resource centre within the European Investment Bank, which aims to support EU cities in their circular economy transition. We do this by:
- Sharing resources and practical information to support city-level circular action
- Providing circular city advisory to support cities in their circular transition
- Raising awareness about relevant advisory and funding opportunities for circular projects
The C3 can help cities address many of the linear problems they struggle with today, and make their cities more regenerative, resilient, clean, liveable and attractive to both citizens and companies.
The Centre has been established with the support of the European Commission through the European Investment Advisory Hub to advance circular action in cities, including facilitating access to advisory and financing for circular projects.
The C3 was launched in October 2021, and is currently in a pilot phase. For further information on the roll-out of C3 resources and services, keep an eye on this page or send an e-mail to C3@eib.org.
Who can benefit?
- Cities can receive free advice and support to start or continue their circular transition through the C3 circular city advisory
- Public project promoters can receive free advice on how to design and best position their projects to access funding. Private sector promoters working with and for cities can also benefit from such support
- Anyone interested in the circular city topic can access useful knowledge, resources and tools to support their circular initiatives, projects or city activities
Learn more and get inspired
Want to learn more about circular cities and the benefits of circular transition? Visit the Circular city context section in the Circular City Funding Guide.
For information on current and past circular city initiatives, visit the Case study section in the Circular City Funding Guide. The case studies illustrate different practical applications of the circular economy in cities and cover many different activities and sectors, ranging from the built environment to textiles recycling.
- C3 webinar 1, 1 February 10:00-11:30 CET: The 15 steps to kick-start a city’s circular transition
- C3 webinar 2, 17 May 10:00-11:45 CET: Circular city actions and solutions
- C3 webinar 3, 5 October 10:00 – 11:45 CET: The Circular City Strategy – a guide for the circular transition in cities
- C3 webinar 4, 19 January 2023 10:00-11:45 CET: A guide for circularity in the urban built environment